An error occurred while processing this directive

wordpress logoI updated both my wordpress versions a while back and ever since I have had an an error occurred while processing this directive message when trying to access this blog. I incorrectly diagnosed the solution to be some conflict due to running two versions of wordpress. I spent ages fiddling with the .htaccess file again and then gave up and thought that I would fix it another day.

Today, I updated both versions of wordpress to 6.2.2 and found that everything works as it should do. A quick google about confirmed that I was getting the error message because my last wordpress upgrade hadn’t worked properly – I should have just reinstalled everything instead of fiddling where I shouldn’t.